To assist the State Veterinary and Phytosanitary Service of Ukraine with the necessary steps for Ukraine to become officially free of Aujeszky disease in swine.
- Ukrainian government inspectors will be able to implement a preventive program with the aim of eradicating Aujeszky disease;
- Ukrainian Government policy advisors will be able to prepare a contingency plan for OIE listed diseases;
- Ukrainian Government inspectors will be able to evaluate the various options available for eradicating Aujeszky disease;
- Ukrainian Government officials will be able to see which different steps were necessary to eradicate Aujeszky disease in the Netherlands and how the Dutch government and the pig sector together reached the disease-free status.
New Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority
The project is expected to start with an inception mission The goals of the fact-finding mission are to:
- study the current situation in the field of a monitoring scheme on Aujeszki disease in Ukraine;
- perform a needs assessment;
- establish a bilateral working group;
- determine and agree upon the objectives, timetable and programme for the subsequent project activities, together with the Ukrainian beneficiary and counterpart.
The project team will write an inception report after the first mission. This report will include the working programme for the implementation phase (and possibly additional project results). It is foreseen that the project will include the following activities:
- bilateral working group meetings;
- workshops/trainings/master classes in Ukraine;
- study visit to the Netherlands, including network event to inform Dutch companies on developments.