The aim of this project is to share knowledge on the complications and practical solutions of the forthcoming vehicle recycling standard (modelled on the efficient Dutch vehicle chain), to relevant authorities and decision-makers, thereby showcasing the Dutch automotive industry as the best-scenario format in vehicle recycling, providing mutual and multiple opportunities for businesses and government cooperation.
- The Russian project beneficiaries have increased knowledge on the complications and practical solutions of the forthcoming vehicle recycling standard;
- Presentation of Dutch know-how and technical solutions for a) recycling of materials implemented by automotive manufacturers and component manufacturers and b) production of vehicles and components that meet the criteria of the forthcoming vehicle recycling standard;
- The Dutch experts involved have increased knowledge on the expected developments regarding the forthcoming vehicle recycling standard in Russia and - based on that knowledge - have identified opportunities for Dutch companies;
- Professional exchanges (G2G and B2B) established between Dutch and Russian counterparts in the field of material recycling and component production;
- Dissemination of project results to the Dutch automotive sector.
Preparation phase (act 1 and 2)
Some time will be needed, including one trip to Russia, in order to prepare the conference in close consultation with the Russian counterparts. This includes:
- discussing the latest developments regarding the forthcoming vehicle recycling standard;
- fine-tuning the conference program;
- prepare materials on the requested topics.
In the Netherlands ARN will spend some working days on selecting and mobilising a well-balanced group of frontrunners from the Dutch automotive industry that matches with the current needs of the Russian automotive industry. ARN will strive to create two clusters: ‘State of the Art Dutch Recycling’ and ‘Sensible components and parts’.
Conference (act 3), reporting and follow up leads
A two-day programme will be conducted during which the following topics will be addressed:
- vehicle recycling (including how to set up an efficient
and working recycling program in Russia)
- international recycling standards (including how to enter
the European vehicle market)
- legislative developments and the formation of a vehicle
recycling infrastructure and vehicle registration
databases in Russia;
- presentation of technologies for a) the recycling of
materials implemented by automotive manufacturers
and component manufacturers and b) the production of
vehicles and components that meet the criteria of the
forthcoming vehicle recycling standard.
After the conference the RDW will report on the conference to Agentschap NL and - together with ARN - will follow up the leads of the conference.
 Zie memo van ARN: Samenwerkingsverbanden Nederlandse Automotive industrie m.b.t. congres 'Challenges and Solutions for Automotive Recycling' - Nizhny Novgorod.