The project is defined as setting up and operating an entirely new water treatment plant with a capacity of 20,000 m3/day, including transmission and distribution pipelines and households connections for the Chau Thanh and Chau Thanh A districts, Hau Giang province.
Hau Giang province
Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI)
Hau Giang Water Supply and Sewerage – Urban Infrastructure (HAWASUCO)
Royal Haskoning DHV
Total projec costs / Total ORIO Grant amount
18,900,000 Euro / 3,726,402 Euro
The project is defined as setting up, and operating, an entirely new (stand alone) clean water supply system, including a water treatment plant with a capacity of 20,000 m3/day, transmission and distribution pipelines, and households connections for the Chau Thanh and Chau Thanh A districts, in Hau Giang province.
- The main components of the project are:
- Transmission pipeline and distribution network: 76.25 km transmission & distribution pipeline; 93.25 km service pipeline;
- 37,598 households, 150 public connections and 500 SME connections;
- Information – Education – Communication (IEC) program
- Technical Assistance Program.
- The rural districts Chau Thanh and Chau Thanh A in Hau Giang Province is located in the South East region of Vietnam in the centre of the Mekong Delta. Total area of the Chau Thanh and Chau Thanh A districts is 28,331 ha. The Mekong Delta is by far Vietnam’s most productive region in agriculture and aquaculture and less industrialized compared to the rest of the country. Both industry and foreign direct investment is a smaller part of the economy in the region. The system will supply water to 157,912 inhabitants and about 500 SMEs in the Chau Thanh and Chau Thanh A districts.