The long term objective is to improve the efficiency of the agricultural production in Leningrad Oblast. The aim of this project is to provide guidance on the introduction of a cooperation model between the (local) government, educational/research institutes and the private sector in the agricultural sector of Leningrad Oblast in order to achieve an effective collaboration in the field of applied agricultural research, agricultural education/training and structured information flows, by taking the potato sector as a model case.
- The Committee for Agro industry and Fisheries Complex of Leningrad region has gained insight in the Dutch experience with setting up a structural dialogue and cooperation model between governmental organisations, educational/research institutes and the private sector in the agricultural sector and is able to use this knowledge to develop a similar cooperation model that fits to the local circumstances of the Leningrad Oblast;
- Russian 'working group' for the potato sector established
responsible for the practical implementation of the cooperation model consisting of representatives of all parties involved;
- Plan of approach for the potato sector developed and approved by all relevant (Russian) parties specifying the collaboration in the field of applied agricultural research, agricultural education/training and structured information flows. The plan of approach will include a description of the roles and responsibilities of all parties involved, including the financial aspects;
- Feasibility of acquiring Dutch technologies and seed potatoes for the demonstration farm has been studied;
- A group of Russian experts working in state research institutes and the educational sector is trained on certain* technical aspects in the field of potato-growing, is familiarised with the relevant Dutch offer and know-how, and is able and capable to educate others with this newly acquired knowledge (train-the-trainers);
- Technical seminar/training organised for Russian farmers and agricultural entrepreneurs focussing on how to improve the efficiency of production in potato-growing;
- Collaboration in the field of applied agricultural research has started in the demonstration environment of the pilot farm.
Public-private-research consortium headed by the Northern Netherlands Provinces (SNN)
Preparation visit to Leningrad Oblast
1. Establishing a cooperation model (organizational aspects)
2. Implementing and fine-tuning the cooperation model by taking the potato sector as model case
on the pilot farm “Kaloshitsy”, focussing on agricultural education/training and applied
3. Finalising and approving the cooperation model as the new organisational structure, and
dissemination of project results.