The goal of this one day event is to increase Dutch private sector awareness of business opportunities in Kenya. This is done by the presentation of 3 market studies on 3 different sectors.
This ‘Kenya works’ event will set the stage for dissemination of the knowledge that has been acquired throughout these three sector studies. It will address the business opportunities for the Dutch private sector in Kenya.
Rijksdienst voor Ondernemend Nederland
A tentative program:
- Opening – by Minister Ploumen
Mentioning the policy framework behind this event, mentioning also CSR (KSIB-K)
- Presentation by KenInvest, Dr. Ikiara: overview of Kenya Economy, Investment policies, opportunities and support in these 3 sectors. Alternative: Worldbank
- Presentation by Mr. Carlo van Wageningen: Chairman of Chase Bank/Director of Lake Turkana Wind Park: Show case: doing business in Kenya and financing a project in Kenya
- Wrap-up by Berenschot and panel discussion, with Q&A’s and statements/vote box. Panel members: Dr. Ikiara, Mr. Van Wageningen, ambassadors (NL and Kenya?)
- Presentation of Holland Hub – short introduction to 3 sectors
- Stands by RVO, MVO NL, Kenya Embassy, other PSD partners
- Dissemination Market studies by consultants
- Presentation by Kenyan company
- 1 or 2 presentations on actual market possibilities
- Q&A’s and discussion on road map: by moderator
- Oil & gas
- sustainable energy
- Urban development & spatial planning.
- [Roundtable Maritime Infrastructure]