A knowledge community for micropollutants allowing exchange of information in the areas of research, water technology and policy.
1 Results concerning K2K:
- Exchange of knowledge and development of relationships during Wetskills case;
- Exchange of researchers allowing for the knowledge transfer, high impact research, and development of long-term collaboration;
- Knowledge exchange through the inclusion of Dutch researchers at Canadian conferences or Canadian researchers at Dutch conferences.
2 Result concerning G2G:
- Brief describing research required to further policy on micropollutants;
3 Results concerning K2B:
- Insight into chances for Dutch companies in Canadian water technology market;
- Awareness of micropollutants in secondary water treatment
Toronto, Ontario province
Environment, Soil, Watermanagement
1 Interns in Toronto (June 2014-June 2015) – three intern periods of 4 months.
- Knowledge-to-Knowledge intern further developing contact with Canada Universities;
- Government-to-Government intern examining current micropollutant regulations leading to a policy brief;
- Knowledge-to-Business intern working to identify and develop business opportunities for secondary and micropollutant treatment in Canada.
2 Conference (June 2014)
- Wetskills case on presence and removal of micropollutants in decentralized sanitation systems in Canada with focus on future system in Guelph;
- Supervision of case by Wageningen researchers;
- Introduction of micropollutant theme at Canadian Water Summit.
3 Exchange of Researchers (January 2015-December 2015)
- Exchange of students, PhDs, or scientific staff with Canadian Universities for research;
- Inclusion of researchers at Canadian or Dutch conferences.