Through a thematic workshop during the SIAMAP Fair, to mount discussion and disseminate knowledge amongst Tunisia public and private stakeholders about:
- solutions to limit the food losses in Tunisia;
- new techniques and products to overcome climate obstacles;
in order to be able to develop new strategies for Tunisia
- Determine the causes of food losses that occurs in different stages between production and consumption (Pre-harvest, Harvesting, storage, Preparation for market, Transport, handling at destination) and come up with suitable solutions to establish a more efficient food chain management in Tunisia.
- Develop new strategies and food chain management.
- Demonstrate the advantages of implementing a climate smart agriculture, and work with the official authorities to find possible ways to start implementing a more climate smart agriculture.
Wur Food & Biobased Research
- Workshop to determine the impact of food losses on the agro-food productions and present solutions
- Workshop to demonstrate the benefit and the ways to establish a more climate smart agriculture and more specifically ‘’covered horticulture’’